Skip to main content

Spring is Here!

Shelby's Crocus
 Spring is finally here, officially! Yay! SOOOO glad I can say "winter is over", at least as far as the calendar goes :) Life is becoming busier as Shelby's home shows and our school events come into season. I subbed for Greenmont on Friday, which was good for me and so nice for my teaching ego. Hopefully it was as good for the teacher - I'll have to follow up and make sure I'm making the impression that I want at this school. Shelby and I took the kids to Greenmont's Family Fun Day yesterday, and they roamed the school well enough on their own while Shelby and I worked the bounce house. And we won a night at Magic Castle from the raffle that we invested in! Afterwards, we, and a couple of the kids' friends, enjoyed our first root beer stand meal of the season - Mmmm! The warmth of the season has hit often enough to allow the trees to bud and the crocuses to bloom. All of these things seem to brighten the place, and our spirits, a bit.
We took a trip to Twin Creeks Metro Park last night to view the perigee moon. It was a fun trip and a great view of this closest moon of twenty years. I love when we can do things like this for our family and hope that the kids grow to treasure these moments as much as Shelby and I do.
Cora's picture displayed at Dot's Market
Next week will be busy - good busy. I have a meeting with Nicole about my Aullwood summer job! I forgot to mention that I will be working my kindergarten and second grade camps, AND a few weeks of the preschool camp! This will be a great experience for me, and I'm very excited about it. There is a Greenmont PD on Wednesday that I was invited to attend! I will also be working COSI on Wheels at Greenmont on Thursday - another fun event - and will be going to Aullwood with Mr. Fultz's class on Friday. The Bellefontaine Home Show is this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This is one of my favorites, although it is a drive. Hopefully Shelby's new Field Coordinator will be cleared and start this week, also, which will make next weekend, and life for Shelby, easier. Like I said, life is gearing up for spring!
The peppers are going to do well this year!
I guess that's it for now. Time to plan a trip to check out some houses and neighborhoods Have a great spring, everyone!

Comments

  1. I love your pictures!!! and your updates on our life!!! I am so done with Winter and am excited to see our flowers in bloom and the leaves on the fruit trees starting to pop out. They made it through the winter and so did we!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Love About Our Farm

One of the reasons that we bought a house in rural Ohio was to finally start our farm. Our 1.3 acres is just big enough to house us, some animals, and our plant food, with room left over to play. So, here are some of the reasons that I love our farm: Fresh milk! The best product, in my eyes, that we have harvested from our farm is goat milk. I never thought I would drink it, but I like it, and we get half a gallon on a bad day (a gallon on a good day). Beyond milk, we've made cheese and plan to make soap and other products. Major score! Our farm animals are fun to watch and take care of. So entertaining and full of personality, our alpacas, sheep, dairy goats, and angora goats are our pets that give us company along with the fiber and milk for our home. Fiber. I haven't found the time or patience to knit or crochet yet, and I probably won't be a great spinner, but I do love the different textures and colors of our fiber animals. Alpaca fiber is so soft, as is angora, ...

Happy New Year 2015!

I love our Christmas and New Year's break because it gives us time to celebrate, time to relax, and time to take inventory of life - the past, the present, and the future, or at least hopes and direction on what we want our future to be. I feel like this past year was a deep breath to prepare for our future home...we had our share of projects, but there is so much to do to make our home what we want it to be. Things that did happen in 2014: We bought our pellet stove and had it installed! This old house is drafty and cold, but our stove keeps our parlor and living room the warmest, and gives us a toasty place to warm up in when winter is its coldest. This is now our primary heat source and, so far this year, our only heat source. We've had some animals give birth and some animals pass. We lost Steve our sheep and Josie our alpaca, and Ollie the fall prior. We sold some of our non-producing goats to a land owner for clearing brush, a life I'm sure they will enjoy. S...

Things I Love About Shelby

In honor of my wife, Shelby, and her birthday, I would like to share just some of the things that I love about her: Shelby loves with all her heart and loves unconditionally. She is not judgmental but will neither accept judgement of her or her family and friends by others.  Living life fully, Shelby is always up for new adventures. We've been to college, lived at the beach, and started a farm. Life is exciting, and balance is key - we need to have the means to live, but it is essential that the whole family enjoy new experiences together! She has the intelligence and drive to make it happen, and she has, many times. Shelby's sense of family has kept ours strong from the beginning. I had two children when we married, and she managed to get custody of them for us, accepting them as her own. Since then, we've had three more of our own. Lots of love in this big family of ours! As dedicated as Shelby is to living life, she is dedicated to her job. I admire the effort t...