Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Beach

Living in Clearwater, Florida definitely tops the list of places we have lived. The two years that we lived there gave us so many more memories than seems possible for that amount of time. Being water people, we know of nothing more powerful than the call of the ocean, more peaceful than toes sunk into the sand, water overlapping occasionally, and nothing more exhilarating than watching the sun singe the horizon as it sets in an explosion of oranges, reds, and purples. Spectators applaud these sunsets...literally. The Pinellas County side of the bridge is laid back with no worries, and there are always, always plenty of activities going on for everyone to enjoy, often for free. When I close my eyes, I can feel the humid and salty ocean breeze, the dried salt on my skin and in my hair left after from a dip in this endless pool, and the cool fine grains of sand surrounding my feet. So, why are we here? Why, oh why did destiny bring us back to Ohio? I've heard some say that Ohio is a black hole that few escape from. I prefer to believe that destiny brought us to Ohio to open the door to ECOS for Shelby, and to confirm our feelings for our home away from family. The Island is calling, and we will be back (LOST reference - you're welcome). Back may be Florida or some other location, but it will be a place that we can be confident as our own family unit and confident in who we can be. Granted, Florida would be awesome, but Florida will be a part of our lives whether we live there or not. Destiny works in funny ways - we have accomplished many things in Ohio since we returned, the most important being that we know what is right for us and our future. Look back at this from wherever you end up, and tell me that I was right!

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed at the overwhelming joy we feel when we start to talk about the ocean, the beach, the dolphins and manatees and Clearwater in general. I miss it dearly - it would be amazing if the reason we came back to Ohio brings us full circle back to Florida. We will just have to see what time and fate does for us. I love you forever and am excited to see live our future.

    ReplyDelete