Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring is Here!

Shelby's Crocus
 Spring is finally here, officially! Yay! SOOOO glad I can say "winter is over", at least as far as the calendar goes :) Life is becoming busier as Shelby's home shows and our school events come into season. I subbed for Greenmont on Friday, which was good for me and so nice for my teaching ego. Hopefully it was as good for the teacher - I'll have to follow up and make sure I'm making the impression that I want at this school. Shelby and I took the kids to Greenmont's Family Fun Day yesterday, and they roamed the school well enough on their own while Shelby and I worked the bounce house. And we won a night at Magic Castle from the raffle that we invested in! Afterwards, we, and a couple of the kids' friends, enjoyed our first root beer stand meal of the season - Mmmm! The warmth of the season has hit often enough to allow the trees to bud and the crocuses to bloom. All of these things seem to brighten the place, and our spirits, a bit.
We took a trip to Twin Creeks Metro Park last night to view the perigee moon. It was a fun trip and a great view of this closest moon of twenty years. I love when we can do things like this for our family and hope that the kids grow to treasure these moments as much as Shelby and I do.
Cora's picture displayed at Dot's Market
Next week will be busy - good busy. I have a meeting with Nicole about my Aullwood summer job! I forgot to mention that I will be working my kindergarten and second grade camps, AND a few weeks of the preschool camp! This will be a great experience for me, and I'm very excited about it. There is a Greenmont PD on Wednesday that I was invited to attend! I will also be working COSI on Wheels at Greenmont on Thursday - another fun event - and will be going to Aullwood with Mr. Fultz's class on Friday. The Bellefontaine Home Show is this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This is one of my favorites, although it is a drive. Hopefully Shelby's new Field Coordinator will be cleared and start this week, also, which will make next weekend, and life for Shelby, easier. Like I said, life is gearing up for spring!
The peppers are going to do well this year!
I guess that's it for now. Time to plan a trip to check out some houses and neighborhoods Have a great spring, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures!!! and your updates on our life!!! I am so done with Winter and am excited to see our flowers in bloom and the leaves on the fruit trees starting to pop out. They made it through the winter and so did we!

    ReplyDelete