Wednesday, December 21, 2011

2011 Resolution Review

I was going to start looking at my goals for 2012, but I figured I should look at what I had planned for this year, and see how well I followed through. Or not. So, here we go:

My New Year's Resolutions for 2011:
  • Get a job! Looks like we are good staying in the SW Ohio region for Shelby's work, so we're running with that. Which means I can seek employment, preferably teaching, or something somewhat in the education field. Hmmm...I don't have a full-time job yet, but I am subbing pretty regularly until I get there. And I am actively looking. So we'll extend this into 2012.
  • Get a house!! Oh, how we've waited for this! We should be ready and able to get our family farm sometime before the kids end this school year! We're forecasting our buy using Shelby's paycheck only, but we're definitely going to need to get my career going, as well, to keep up the pace. YES! Huge accomplishment! We did not get it before last school year ended, but we did get it over the summer, and it is awesome :) Now we're planning our garden and animals for the spring, which will be in the goals set for 2012.
  • Fruits, veggies, chickens, bees, composting, recycling, and homemade food! These are a few of our favorite things that we are unable to do in this apartment, but will definitely do on our new farm. I cannot wait to plant the trees and bushes that have been living in pots for the past months waiting to stretch out their roots! We have planted most of our trees, so there's that. And we are actively composting and recycling. Fast food is not nearby, nor within delivery range (except for Ron's Pizza - a recent discovery), so we are cooking at home more often. As for the garden, animals, and bees: 2012 :)
  • Write a book. This is a leftover from last year...I have the ideas, so I just need to work on the writing and illustrating part. I did start an outline...so, there's that...Crap...2012

  • Email, phone, and visit more often. In all of our hecticness, all of the time, I have lost real-life touch with friends. I try to keep up with Facebook and my blog, but it has been to long since we've actually sat down with many of our friends. We've had visitors and our moments of success with this resolution, but not nearly enough to classify it as completed. So I'll revise for 2012 (and keep it going every year after that). 
  • School. I would like to work on my Master's, preferably in Environmental Education. Of course, I have loans to worry about, so a job is first priority. Yeah, well...still working on the finding a job part, and then we'll work on more school :) Push to 2012
Not too bad. The house is the biggie, and a lot of the year has been dedicated to finding, buying, and settling into our home. Many, many expectations fill our plate for 2012, so I'll try to write that in a comprehensible, easy to read list for the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment