Thursday, July 19, 2012

Things I Love About Shelby


In honor of my wife, Shelby, and her birthday, I would like to share just some of the things that I love about her:

  • Shelby loves with all her heart and loves unconditionally. She is not judgmental but will neither accept judgement of her or her family and friends by others. 
  • Living life fully, Shelby is always up for new adventures. We've been to college, lived at the beach, and started a farm. Life is exciting, and balance is key - we need to have the means to live, but it is essential that the whole family enjoy new experiences together! She has the intelligence and drive to make it happen, and she has, many times.
  • Shelby's sense of family has kept ours strong from the beginning. I had two children when we married, and she managed to get custody of them for us, accepting them as her own. Since then, we've had three more of our own. Lots of love in this big family of ours!
  • As dedicated as Shelby is to living life, she is dedicated to her job. I admire the effort that she puts in to her work and the admiration that she receives from the people she works for and with.
  • Rue is my hippie girl - has been since the day I met her. Natural beauty and no need for makeup, she turns heads and receives compliments still. Like her favorite flower, the daisy, Shelby's sweet and pretty from the time she gets up until she's asleep once again at night.
  • I love Shelby's laugh - it's easy to laugh along with the heart-felt laughter and gaze into the eyes that sparkle with her chuckle. She is also funny, which keeps us all laughing together.
  • Shelby is cute, but she is also very sexy. She loves like no other, and can bring us to different worlds together...definitely talented and very sexy. Her touch still gives me goosebumps...
  • With Shelby, it is the simple things in life that matter the most. Sunsets, sitting on the porch, walking on the beach, snuggling up to play Scrabble or watch a movie on a rainy day. We enjoy nature, family, and life without the complications of high maintenance expenses.
  • Without Shelby, I wouldn't have a college degree, lived at the beach, milked a goat, or enjoyed the love of our children. She got my and our dreams off of the ground, and for that I am truly indebted. She is an incredibly special woman, and I love her for all that she has done for us.

5 comments:

  1. You two need to get a room - but you have lots of them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! We do have lots of rooms, but most of them have kids or kid disasters in them. We do have our sanctuary, though, and escape to there often for Scrabble or Skip-bo or just to hang out. And our porch, day and night :)

    ReplyDelete