Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Beginning

I've always wanted to try the blog thing, so I guess now is as good of a time as any...
Today is my last day of student teaching in my third-grade classroom. I am very excited - the excitement has been building over these last few weeks - but I am also a little sad. I've spent the entire school year with this class, learning more about teaching and more about kids than I ever could have in a college classroom. It has been an awesome experience, both professionally and personally, and now I feel that I'm really ready to try it on my own. I've made friends that I hope will be around after today, and I've built relationships with so many kids who will be moving on - hopefully smarter and more prepared for the lives ahead of them. I will miss them all. I graduate from Wright State in ten days - wow! ten days - after six years of my mid-life college experience. I am forty-six years and old earning my bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education, Summa Cum Laude, thanks to the support and sacrifice of my family. SO excited! This is a new beginning for us, a new dawn on our life together after so much preparation to get to where we are now. So, as destiny sits in our doorway, I start this blog. I and we feel that our future is big, and I hope that I can look back on these thoughts in a year with satisfaction from that new place, and smile about this new beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment