Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer Stay-cation

Busy, busy, busy! Well, a relaxed kind of busy - no alarm clock and the days have lost their names, but not their purpose. We are on holiday at Shelby's parents' house, which is a wonderful break from not-so-homey apartment. We love drinking our coffee on the patio in the mornings, grilling out in the evenings, and not having to deal with the drama of our neighbors...for the time being. I am in the middle of getting my motorcycle on the road again, finally. I renewed my insurance and tags after letting them lapse over the winter (my bad), and my battery is getting tested and charged as I speak :)We're getting ready for my graduation on Saturday (Hoot!), and the picnic celebration on Sunday, which will both be awesome events marking this transition in our family's life! This is as much of a celebration for my family, the support and sacrifices that they have made, as it is about my accomplishments in obtaining my degree. Next week will be my first week teaching a camp program at Aullwood - kinda nervous, but excited to be in a smaller classroom teaching about nature stuff! I need to get my regular job search rolling faster - I updated my Teacher to Teacher website, but need to beef it, and the consortium, applications up a bit. We're hoping the near future brings relocates us to a new place, so it's hard to be sure where to dedicate the search. It's an exciting transition, but we're not very patient about the whole thing :P Things we've done since school ended a week ago: motorcycle, Kait's scooter, store visits with Shelby which included a visit to one of our favorite eating places: The Spot!, stopped by to clean our apartment )along with dropping off and picking up "stuff"), and spent a good part of yesterday cleaning up the apartment complex yard and lobbies. Like I said, so far it has been a relaxingly busy week!

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I posted this already but I don't see it here. I love love love you and can't wait for our easy days to begin. Graduation is tomorrow...I am so very proud.

    ReplyDelete