Thursday, December 30, 2010

Mark's 2011 New Year's Resolutions

It's that time of year again - time to reflect on what I did and did not accomplish last year, and time to prioritize what I would like to accomplish in the coming year. I should preface this blog by saying that my resolutions are goals. I use them as guidance, but they are not law or reason to punish myself should they not work out. This works out better for me and my ego! So here they are. 

My New Year's Resolutions for 2011:

  • Get a job! Looks like we are good staying in the SW Ohio region for Shelby's work, so we're running with that. Which means I can seek employment, preferably teaching, or something somewhat in the education field.
  • Get a house!! Oh, how we've waited for this! We should be ready and able to get our family farm sometime before the kids end this school year! We're forecasting our buy using Shelby's paycheck only, but we're definitely going to need to get my career going, as well, to keep up the pace. 
  • Fruits, veggies, chickens, bees, composting, recycling, and homemade food! These are a few of our favorite things that we are unable to do in this apartment, but will definitely do on our new farm. I cannot wait to plant the trees and bushes that have been living in pots for the past months waiting to stretch out their roots!
  • Write a book. This is a leftover from last year...I have the ideas, so I just need to work on the writing and illustrating part. I did start an outline...so, there's that...
  • Email, phone, and visit more often. In all of our hecticness, all of the time, I have lost real-life touch with friends. I try to keep up with Facebook and my blog, but it has been to long since we've actually sat down with many of our friends.
  • School. I would like to work on my Master's, preferably in Environmental Education. Of course, I have loans to worry about, so a job is first priority.
Alright...I think that's it...for now. Feel free to comment.
Or offer me a job. 
Or just let me know what your resolutions are :) 
Whoot 2011!


2 comments:

  1. Baby - I am SO SO excited to see what this year does for us. So many changes. Can't wait to make the jump with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. check out lulu.com for self publishing...

    ReplyDelete