Friday, July 9, 2010

Aggravation Station


Yesterday was a bit of a hissy...for a little bit, anyway. I received mail from the Office of Licensure - yay! But no, it was not my license, it was a notice of a hold on my license until I update my background check. It is a check that school says has a five year life, but the Office requires an update within one year in order to obtain an initial license. Grr. Not awful - just $30 and a trip to school to get it done - but it was the straw that made me snap. I haven't been paid for the week that I worked my part-time camp job (first check, so sure, it may take time...but I live in the ghetto, so you never know), I haven't received my diploma yet (I did have to complete an exit seminar first, so I'm trying to be patient), I live in a ghetto with a bunch of people who refuse to grow up and who trash the place with...well, trash, and we so desperately want to start our farm, wherever that may be.

I am better now. I did get past it. I paid for my check online and will go to WSU in the next day or so to get it done. I informed my advisors that the background checks must be within one year, not five, to get a license. I spent some time in the heat cleaning up the yard and building lobbies. I taped a box to get ready to pack. We went to my in-laws to welcome them home, and I had a beer. I'm more stable today, thank you very much. I'll still be happy to get my diploma, my paycheck, my license, or our new place to live because, frankly, the limbo is getting ANNOYING. But we're ok. We'll laugh when we look back at this...right?? And we will eventually be sitting on our own deck, watching the kids and our dog play in our yard, talking about our chickens and how awesome our life is :)

1 comment:

  1. Baby, I know yesterday was frustrating for you...I think we both felt like we were kicked in the shins...but looking at the whole picture we are still a day closer to the dream. One good thing is that we got our air fixed so the house is more comfortable now. AND you are getting your license (just haven't rec. it yet) and you are getting your diploma (just haven't rec. it yet) and you are getting your check (just haven't rec. it yet) and we are getting our farm (just haven't rec. it yet) :-) I love you..Rue

    ReplyDelete