Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy Birthday, Shelby!

Happy Birthday, Shelby! Today is my wife's birthday - a day to celebrate the creation of my best friend, my partner, my love. Shelby is definitely a people person, unlike me, and a water person, like me. We're an odd combination, but somehow we work. We've been nearly inseparable for the last fifteen years (this month is our anniversary, also) and our togetherness has sped up the wheels of time. Shelby has a glow that attracts all others. She is warm and positive and funny. She loves Wonder Woman and she is on a mission to save the world. We are fortunate to have Shelby in our lives as a friend or a mother or a wife or a daughter or even an acquaintance. You have done so much in your life so far, Shelby - you should be so proud of your mark on the world. And the future is going to be an incredible journey. Happy birthday, Shelby - thanks for making the world a brighter place for us to be in :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for all the gooey, wonderful words. I love you so much, forever. I love our journey and can't wait to see what our future looks like. Sipping sun tea on our porch while I kick your @$$ in Canasta or Scrabble?!

    ReplyDelete