Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Unemployed

Yesterday I took a trip to Kemp School, the school that I spent last year student teaching, to pick up a letter of reference and drop off a few school books that I inadvertently left in my bookcase past the end of the school year. I saw the secretary, the principal and a few teachers, including my CT, who just happened to be there for a data meeting (school = data...lots and lots of data). Suddenly I feel very unemployed. Not loser unemployed, just unattached unemployed. I guess it started with the trickling of back-to-school displays and sales that are appearing, but the trip to school did the trick. I know we have a plan - I/we still feel the plan. Shelby was nominated for outstanding employee, which she deserves so much because she is awesome. This nomination includes her efforts to grow as an employee towards a role of Program Manager and her capability to fill this role. We're on the right track. In the meantime, we're staying so busy with the day to day things that keep popping up. Life is not slow - life is busy. I am enjoying being able to help take care of home and things that always seem to slip to the bottom of the list. I just need to have faith in destiny as I see my teacher friends get ready for the new school year, and hear about my fellow graduates becoming new teachers. We're on the right track, we feel it, we're just ready for the next stop...

1 comment:

  1. To quote Anne Heaton/Megan & Kevin..."we decided definitely needed a plan 'cause when you live in Wilmette, Illinois and the only thing to do is hang out at the 7- 11 parking lot, you always need a plan"...and one of my other favorite quotes "everybody calm the f down...I got this" - I know that you have that lost, uneasy feeling, the one I usually have...now it's my turn to support you. I think you are amazing. I know that it seems like the natural progression (since you graduated) would be for you to get a job...but I feel in my heart that we are doing what is right for our family, which means, for now, we put your job on hold for a moment. I couldn't imagine attempting to do everything you are doing around the house (packing and cleaning etc) AND you trying to find a job AND us thinking about moving...it would be so stressful. Thank you for all that you do around here. (and thanks for the comment about deserving my nomination)...

    ReplyDelete