Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday, Sunday

It's Sunday. The end to a week that's seemed to have lasted forever. Hard to believe that we were in New York less than a week ago, and we were sitting on Oneida Lake having coffee. We're back, settled in, and more determined now that ever to get out of here. I completed my college exit interview (for loans) so I should be getting my diploma soon, and resolved a W-4 issue for my camp teaching, so I should get my paycheck soon. I have to do a background check for my teaching license, which I'll do tomorrow, and then I should get my Early Childhood teaching license...soon. We packed up a few boxes of stuff that is currently crowding our living room, but should make room once they make their way to storage. We have boxes to ship out Shelby's business packages, which will make more room. And we'll go from there...the more we can live without and temporarily relocate, the less claustrophobic we'll be and the more prepared we'll be for whatever move we are preparing to embark upon. We need to make a run to Goodwill, but we have to go through clothes and toys before we do that - maybe next week? More room. Breathe. Prepare.

Today we are going to clean up our garden, which is our solitude here. We are also going to pot the half-price peach trees that we scored at Home Depot, and drop off the storage boxes. The city offers free compost, so we'll see what is left there, and then buy our Ace dirt to make up the difference. After our dirty work, we're cooking out the New York coneys, dogs, and salt potatoes at the in-laws who also returned from vacation - a several week (7?) RV trip looping out west! I'm looking forward to chilling out at the cookout there - so much more of a relaxing atmosphere...hopefully.

Next week: Background check, start preparing for my next camp class, stop by Kemp School to check on the garden and pick up my letter, take a test ride on the motorcycle (first of the year!), help friends move into their new place, and celebrate Shelby's birthday! Hoot! Busy week...time to get rolling :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are coming back to your old self :-) I know that it is incredibly tough living here...but knowing that we are starting our orchard and nurturing our fruit bushes/plants is a good feeling. Replanting and weeding is good for our souls - and it doesn't hurt that it leaves us sunkissed and sleepy.

    ReplyDelete